Publication Year: 2005
Age Range: 4 years to 21 years
Administration: Individual: 45 to 60 minutes
Qualification Code: B
BOT2 assesses the motor proficiency of all students, ranging from those who are normally developing to those with moderate motor-skill deficits. It can also be used for developing and evaluating motor training programmes.
Challenging, game-like tasks: children enjoy the variety and appeal of the test items. BOT2 items provide a full range of interesting tasks that measure gross and fine motor skills—maintaining balance while standing on one leg, bouncing a ball, and cutting out a circle are just a few examples.
New administration manual makes testing more efficient
BOT2 features a completely new administration manual with an easy-to-use layout that gives examiners access to all the information they need on a single page. The manual also provides suggestions to guide examiners in explaining the tasks. For the examinee, large, clear pictures of the tasks being completed help provide a better understanding of the test items, especially for children who have language, cognition or attention problems.
Feautures 8 subtests that assess:
- Fine Motor Precision—7 items (e.g., cutting out a circle, connecting dots)
- Fine Motor Integration—8 items (e.g., copying a star, copying a square)
- Manual Dexterity—5 items (e.g., transferring pennies, sorting cards, stringing blocks)
- Bilateral Coordination—7 items (e.g., tapping foot and finger, jumping jacks)
- Balance—9 items (e.g., walking forward on a line, standing on one leg on a balance beam)
- Running Speed and Agility—5 items (e.g., shuttle run, one-legged side hop)
- Upper-Limb Coordination—7 items (e.g., throwing a ball at a target, catching a tossed ball)
- Strength—5 items (e.g., standing long jump, sit-ups).
BOT2 covers a broad array of fine and gross motor skills, providing composite scores in four motor areas and one comprehensive measure of overall motor proficiency. These composites are:
- Fine Manual Control
- Manual Coordination
- Body Coordination
- Strength and Agility
- Total Motor Composite
Includes Manual, Administration Easel, Record Forms (25), Examinee Booklets (25), Scoring Transparency, Balance Beam, Blocks with String, Penny Box, Penny Pad, Plastic Pennies, Knee Pad, Peg Board and Pegs, Red Pencil (2), Scissors, Target, Tennis Ball, Shape Cards, Shuttle Block, Training DVD