Mike Hughes is a teacher having taught in secondary for 18 years, most recently as a secondary Head. Indeed, anyone who has read his books or attended one of the training sessions can immediately see that he has spent a considerable amount of time in the classroom. Not surprisingly, he has a widespread reputation for being both practical and realistic.
In addition to teaching, Mike has also found time to:
- Work in an advisory capacity for Gloucestershire LEA (teaching and learning)
- Facilitate on the New Visions programme for recently appointed headteachers
- Work as an NPQH trainer
- Be a PGCE course leader
- Train as an Ofsted inspector
- Write an extensive range of educational publications and resources
- Provide training and support to a huge number of teachers and schools both in the UK and abroad
Mike’s work is hugely varied and tailored to fit the needs of the individual school / teacher. Anyone considering working with Mike is invited to contact him to discuss their requirements and explore possibilities.