Poor Students, Rich Teaching: Seven High-Impact Mindsets for Students From Poverty equips teachers with the mindsets necessary to make a profound and lasting difference in the lives of students growing up in poverty. This fully updated and revised edition combines two of Eric Jensen’s top-selling books – Poor Students, Rich Teaching and Poor Students, Richer Teaching – into one must-read resource.
K–12 teachers gain seven high-impact mindsets that bring about change:
- The relational mindset
- The achievement mindset
- The positivity mindset
- The rich classroom climate mindset
- The enrichment mindset
- The engagement mindset
- The graduation mindset
Jensen provides effective, research-based instructional strategies to help teachers ensure all students, regardless of circumstance, can graduate college or career ready.
- Understand the urgency of poverty and how it impacts learning, engagement and academic achievement
- Build effective teacher-student relationships
- Help students see content mastery as a reachable goal
- Teach students from poverty the essential coping skills they need to manage their cognitive load and focus on learning
- Learn how creating a positive and rich classroom culture fosters a mindset of achievement in all students