– How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety and Violence in the Classroom
Address anger, anxiety, and violence in the classroom with strategies and best practices that work in classrooms. Under-resourced students, wealthy students, and students in all demographics can benefit from calming and healing techniques Ruby Payne, author of A Framework for Understanding Poverty, shares in this book.
- Provides understandings of origins of anger, anxiety and avoidance
- Gives a language to talk about brain regulation, integration and emotional competence
- Provides tools for educators to address and reduce anger, anxiety and avoidance
- Helps educators manage the “classroom dance” that occurs between the educator and the students
- Provides the tools to motivate good behavior
- Identifies the differences in male and female emotional processing