Research on poverty and education shows that the majority of public school students in the United States qualify as poor, but you have the power to change their futures for the better. A companion to the revised edition of Eric Jensen’s Poor Students, Rich Teaching, this book for teachers provides a plethora of tools, organisers, worksheets and surveys designed to help you fully embrace the mindsets in the classroom that lead to richer teaching.
Implement strategies for overcoming adversity and poverty in schools with this practical guide:
- Explore seven essential mindsets in the classroom, as well as accompanying strategies for each
- Discover specific actions and practices that will help you counteract the detrimental effects of poverty on education and student success
- Learn how to build meaningful teacher-student relationships specifically with students from poverty
- Understand how to engage students and change attitudes, cognitive capacity, effort and classroom behaviours
- Aid students in overcoming adversity and the effects of poverty on education