Fulfilling the Promise of your Professional Life as a Teacher and Leader
In SOUL!, author Timothy D. Kanold shares his own reflections and anecdotes, as well as wisdom and research from various teachers and leaders, to inspire and guide educators through their professional journeys. A follow-up to the best-selling book HEART! Fully Forming Your Professional Life as a Teacher and Leader, SOUL! aims to help educators continue the work started in HEART! by reflecting on the obstacles they face and generating healthy responses to those obstacles. Dividing the book into four parts based on four key actions derived from the word SOUL—searching, overcoming, unifying, and living – the author encourages readers to reflect on and journal about their professional soul stories and identify defining moments. No matter where readers find themselves in their teaching and leading careers, SOUL! will help them lead fulfilling work lives and ensure their students and colleagues flourish.
- Explore the four actions of SOUL for sustaining a fulfilling professional life
- Study reflections and gain wisdom from dozens of teachers and leaders
- Understand their own soul story and reflect on how they can create good in others
- Journal throughout the book, examining their professional and emotional health
- Discover how to create a positive school culture focused on meaningful relationships and collaboration
About the Author:
Timothy D. Kanold, PhD, an award-winning educator, author and consultant, is former superintendent of Adlai E. Stevenson High School District 125, a model professional learning community district in Lincolnshire, Illinois.