– Key Concepts for Shaping Today’s School Culture
In Stop Leading Like It’s Yesterday, author Casey Reason offers a leadership model that meets the needs of 21st-century students and educators. By explaining antiquated managerial techniques and their hold on education, he dispels the idea that leadership practices from the Industrial Revolution are in any way effective in 21st-century classrooms. Instead, he offers the Leading for Excellence and Fulfillment (LEAF) model, which provides practical, research-based strategies that maximize innovation and are relevant to school leaders today and tomorrow.
- Maximize learning and innovation through the practical, research-based LEAF model
- Learn to recognize the Industrial Revolution-based education practices that are outdated and irrelevant to 21st-century students
- Understand how leadership practices influence students’ academic achievement and future success
- Access ready-to-implement strategies
- Read success stories from actual educators in their own words
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Casey Reason, PhD, is an award-winning author, speaker, coach, and thought leader in the areas of leadership development, digital learning, and the deep and substantive implementation of professional learning communities.
“The evolution of our schools will depend on how our leaders are able to adapt and prepare others for the changes that are needed. This book does a masterful job helping leaders see their roles as catalysts for innovation.” – Miguel Cardona, Performance and Evaluation Specialist, Meriden Public Schools, Connecticut