Please note – this course does NOT qualify for EPV days.
Please contact email@example.com for details of group discounts for schools.
Course Description & Details:
Click HERE or on on the DES logo to read the DES Inspection Report on the Summer Course (EPV) version of this course.
This online course provides an understanding of the science of Positive Psychology and offers practical and evidence-based strategies for supporting children’s and teacher well-being. Grounded in the SPHE curriculum and shows how a whole-school approach can be supported by the SSE process, with particular reference to Well-Being in Primary Schools (DES, 2015).
This course aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the science of Positive Psychology and explore the evidence available to support the benefits of positive psychology strategies
- Explore the benefits of enhancing well-being and, in particular, the link between well-being, learning and successful school outcomes
- Provide a range of evidence-based strategies that can enhance the well-being of children and their learning in the classroom
- Understand how each well-being intervention is grounded in the SPHE curriculum and can be supported by the SSE process
- Explore the relationship between teacher well-being and work quality
- Consider strategies that, if applied, enhance teacher well-being
- Provide an overview of the Weaving Well-Being Programme and explore how elements of the programme can be implemented in the classroom setting
The course is divided into five modules as follows:
- Introduction to Well-Being in the Primary School
- Character Strengths, Positive Emotion and Flow
- Resilience and Mindfulness
- Positive Relationships and Self-Efficacy
- Whole School Approach to Well-Being and SSE