Teaching Academic and Social Skills Through RTI at Work™
When students’ behavioral, emotional, and social needs are met, they are better able to excel in school and in life. Take strategic action to begin closing the systemic behavior gap with the guidance of Behavior Solutions. This user-friendly resource outlines how to utilise the PLC at Work® and RTI at Work™ processes to create a three-tiered system of supports that is collaborative, research-based and practical.
- Become familiar with student behaviours, emotions and mental states and the challenges they provide to the implementation of educational initiatives
- Learn why it is necessary for schools to embrace the PLC at Work and RTI at Work processes to ensure students’ behavioural success with a multitiered system of support (MTSS)
- Study each tier of behavioural support – Prevention, Intervention and Remediation – to foster social-emotional learning (SEL)
- Understand how to construct successful behaviour intervention processes at each behavioral tier
- Read real-world examples and case studies of US schools that implemented effective multitiered systems of behaviour supports, then create your own action plan
About the Authors:
John Hannigan, EdD, is an executive leadership coach for Fresno County Superintendent of Schools in California. Dr. Hannigan has served in education for more than 16 years as a principal, assistant principal, instructional coach, and teacher.
Jessica Djabrayan Hannigan, EdD, works with US schools and districts to design and implement effective social-emotional and behavioral systems. Her expertise includes RTI, PLCs, MTSS, PBIS, restorative practices, social-emotional learning, and more.
Mike Mattos is an internationally recognized author, presenter, and practitioner who specializes in uniting teachers, administrators, and support staff to transform schools by implementing response to intervention and professional learning communities.
Austin Buffum, EdD, has more than 45 years of experience in public schools. His many roles include serving as former senior deputy superintendent of the Capistrano Unified School District in California.