– A How-To Guide for Doing the Right Work
Continuous school improvement only happens when teachers and administrators collectively centre their powers on ensuring student success within a professional learning community.
With this practical guide, K–12 educators will discover how to target their school’s specific needs with an immediate course of action to improve and measure student achievement. Each chapter includes space for teams to determine action steps and a list of questions to help bring greater focus to your school improvement process.
A how-to guide for implementing Professional Learning Communities at Work® practices:
- Learn how to drive increased academic achievement for all students
- Consider anecdotes from the authors’ experiences working with schools that illustrate best practices in action
- Contemplate your school’s reality and determine what actions you can take to improve student achievement
- Prepare a school improvement plan for the structural changes needed to create a positive school culture
- Use helpful protocols, rubrics and action and assessment plans found throughout the book to design your continuous improvement plan.