– How to Maximise Student Engagement
It’s crucial for 21st century teachers and students to determine together what a student will learn and at what pace. This resource dives deep into questing, a customizable pedagogy tailored to a student’s interests, needs and abilities. Learn how to use questing to engross students in emotionally gripping learning experiences, engage them with actionable goals and promote collaboration in online and physical spaces.
- Foster students’ 21st century skills by engaging critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and self-direction
- Form learning partnerships with students that lead to co-teaching and co-learning
- Explore the three main design types—(1) inquiry, (2) network and (3) game—through which students can quest
- Investigate the design decisions involved in identifying a quest, determining checkpoints and helping students reflect on their quest
- Use formative assessment templates for engaging contemporary learners