Approachable activities to introduce and consolidate times table skills
As many students past and present will confirm, times tables can be terrifying, where reaching the correct answer feels like random guesswork in an endless sea of rote learning. But it needn’t be that way! Take the Terror Out of Times Tables offers a supportive and reassuringly practical approach to embedding these essential skills.
The attractively presented activities can be photocopied and used as part of a classroom programme or for homework at any year level. Designed to systematically build students’ skills and confidence, the activities include:
- Array sheets to introduce the concept of times tables
- Practice drills for students to consolidate their basic skills
- Test sheets for individual and mixed times tables
- Fun activities for further reinforcement
- Answers to all activities are provided in an accessible format for student reference.
Features of this title:
- Embeds times table skills with a supportive approach that is both systematic and encouraging
- Provides activities that will slot readily into either the classroom or the homework programme
- Covers individual times tables from one to twelve, as well as mixing times tables in some activities
- Includes handy hints and answers to support students in their development of independent learning habits