How to Explore and Record your Heritage
Intrigue your students with a unique and challenging puzzle: putting together their own life stories.
In this resource, children’s author and information literacy educator, Jean Bennett, guides students through a range of creative assignments in which they develop their writing and inquiry skills while investigating their everyday lives, their memories, their family journeys and their plans for the future. These are rich subjects for personal research as well as for group and class discussion. The activities can be used individually as the need arises or in combination to form an ongoing class project where students explore their heritage and appreciate the diversity of their peers.
- Cross-curricular resource in which family, community and cultural identity are sources for meaningful student research and writing
- Provides stimulating activities that support students to examine and value their personal lives
- Encourages students to record their lives using a range of text types
- Includes helpful hints and practical suggestions for organising material and documents
- Outlines a range of presentation formats