Stages 3-6 are designed for a reading age of 5 years to 5 years and 3 months, and go through to Level 6b, for a reading age of 8 years to 8 years 5 months. For children about to go up to Secondary school, or already in Year 7, Rapid also has a range of Stage 7-9 books.
With over 112 print books to choose from, there’s plenty in each fine level to give repeat practice to children who may move on to the next level slowly – and there’s a wide variety of highly engaging topics from animals to space travel to hook in even the most reluctant boys. What’s more, each book contains two different texts – fiction and non-fiction – around a single theme, so there’s a genre to suit all tastes.
An Assessment Text for each Rapid Plus stage contains two stories allowing teachers to assess students’ progress and address difficulties if necessary before moving onto the next Rapid Plus stage.
Designed to work for both specialists and non-specialists, the Rapid Plus Teaching Guides provide step-by-step support for reading sessions and end of stage assessments.
The Rapid Plus Stages 3-6 Easy Buy Starter Kit contains:
- 1 copy of each of the Stage 3 Set A and Set B Reading Books
- 1 copy of each of the Stage 4 Set A and Set B Reading Books
- 1 copy of each of the Stage 5 Set A and Set B Reading Books
- 1 copy of each of the Stage 6 Set A and Set B Reading Books
- 1 copy of the Stage 3 Assessment Book
- 1 copy of the Stage 4 Assessment Book
- 1 copy of the Stage 5 Assessment Book
- 1 copy of the Stage 6 Assessment Book
- 1 copy of the Stages 3-6 Teaching Guide