Weaving Well-Being (3rd Class): Positive Emotions - Pupil Book
PARENTS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS AVAILABLE IN MOST LOCAL EDUCATIONAL BOOKSHOPS
This Positive Emotions Pupil Book consists of 10 lessons which introduce children to five evidence-based strategies to boost positive emotions on a daily basis. Each of these strategies is presented as an ‘ingredient’ which makes up a ‘Positive Emotion Potion’.
- Expressing gratitude
- Understanding and experiencing 'Flow' activities
- Performing acts of kindness
- Noticing and savouring small positive events
- Keeping fit and healthy.
Each lesson gives children the opportunity to observe and record the effects of each strategy on their sense of well-being. The Pupil Book builds into a highly personal portfolio which reflects the child’s understanding and use of each strategy. Children also learn what well-being means and the importance of taking care of our well-being.
Children’s comments about the Positive Emotions programme:
- ‘I loved it so so much!’
- ‘It keeps me positive and healthy.’
- ‘My attitude is getting better.’
- ‘It makes me think about what I have instead of what I don’t have.’
- ‘It’s super fun to learn.’
- ‘It has helped me a lot.’
Authors: Fiona Forman & Mick Rock
Weaving Well-Being Homepage: www.otb.ie/WWB