Millions of school-age children in the U.S. are under-resourced and at risk of failure in school. Financial resources are important, but mental, emotional, relational, parental, and other key resources are vital to student success.
Under-Resourced Learners identifies resources all students need and delivers proven, practical strategies for building up these resources for every student in every school. Teachers and administrators will find a gold mine of best practices and interventions that will change their classrooms and change the minds and lives of their students.
You’ll discover new ways to:
- Assess student resources to determine the best strategies and interventions
- Build mental, language, relationship, and other resources into your teaching
- Work more effectively with parents and community representatives
- Increase support systems for all students and their families
- Monitor every student’s progress and adjust efforts to increase student success