– 260 questions to make your brain go ouch!
A Thunk is a beguiling question about everyday things that stops you in your tracks and helps you start to look at the world in a whole new light.
The author guides you through the origins and uses of Thunks and demonstrates how this powerful little book can develop philosophical thinking for all ages. Remember there are no right or wrong answers to these questions. How liberating is that?
Ian Gilbert was named the winner of The Author`s Licensing and Collecting Society Award for Educational Writing by the Society of Authors for The Little Book of Thunks. The award is given for an outstanding example of non-fiction that enhances teaching and learning.
Here are a few Thunks to get you started’
- If I borrow a million pounds am I a millionaire?
- Could a fly cause an aeroplane to crash?
- Are you man-made or natural?
- Do dogs believe in God?
- When you comb your hair is it art?