Telling Tales Set
PRESS RELEASE: The June 2011 edition of 'Intouch' magazine contains a brilliant review of the Telling Tales series written by Rozz Lewis (Principal in Saplings Special School for Autism in Carlow). Click HERE to read the article.
The Telling Tales series focusses on traditional fables, myths and legends from around the world. This progressive series is packed with practical ideas which will develop drama literacy, provoke discussions related to human values, and promote competency in students and teachers alike. The strategies and themes offered make the integration of drama into other Arts, English, and Social Sciences curricula highly manageable. Units are structured in the following way:
- learning opportunities that develop practical knowledge in drama, communication and interpretation in drama, ideas in drama, and an understanding of drama in a cultural context
- games and exercises related to the unit
- exploration of themes and ideas through improvisation and process drama
- drama activities designed to promote the use of stage technologies and techniques
- group and class focused work designed to promote social growth
- strategies to appeal to the needs of individual learners
- support materials
- assessment tools for student and teacher use.
[Author: Susan Battye; Age Suitability: 10-14]
Also available in this series: