Multilevel teachers face a daunting task in catering effectively for the needs of their students. They not only have to accommodate ages ranging from 5 to 13 in the same classroom but also to meet the social, behavioural, and academic demands of this learning environment. The author combines tips, strategies, and templates alongside “real-life” examples from his classroom and from interviews with other successful practitioners to provide a practical compendium of advice on the many planning, assessment, classroom management, and other issues that busy multilevel practitioners confront daily.
The two books in this series:
- Focus on establishing and maintaining a quality multilevel learning environment
- Contain ideas, templates, and plans ready for instant implementation in any multilevel classroom
- Suggest ways of building classroom culture, managing behaviour, physical classroom layout and programmes, and developing individual abilities
- Offer ideas for programmes that really work
- Save busy practitioners time and energy.
Book 1: Planning and assessment
- Unit One: Creatures from the Deep
- Unit Two: Heroes
- Unit Three: Our New Nation
- Unit Four: Transport
Book 2: Class culture and organisation
- Section One: Managing the Multilevel Class
- Section Two: Managing the Multilevel Literacy Programme
- Section Three: “What We Do”: Tips from Multilevel Teachers