Ensure all students master content by designing and implementing a personalized competency-based education (PCBE) system. This handbook explores approaches, strategies, and techniques that schools and districts should consider as they begin their transition to a PCBE system. The authors share examples of how to use proficiency scales, standard operating procedures, behavior rubrics, personal tracking matrices and other tools to aid in instruction and assessment.
- Receive clear guidance on implementing a personalized competency-based education (PCBE) system
- Determine what content to focus on and what standards to prioritize in a PCBE environment
- Read vignettes that illustrate the shifts that should occur to foster PCBE
- Learn how a flexible PCBE learning environment can foster self-efficacy
- Understand the variety of assessments available for measuring student proficiency
Free Online Resources – Reproducibles:
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
(you may have to register on the publisher’s website to access the free downloads)