Outstanding leadership in a Professional Learning Community (PLC) requires practice and patience. Simply trying harder will not yield results; leaders must proactively train to get better at the skills that matter. This book offers a framework to focus time, energy and effort on five key disciplines. Included are reflection exercises to help readers find their own path toward effective PLC leadership.
- Help other educators clarify their personal vision for the PLC and align daily practices with their goals
- Explore strategies for cultivating individual and team-level autonomy within a culture of accountability and high expectations
- Learn how to create a culture of service that begins with the leader
- Understand how to lead a balanced work life that energizes yourself and others
- Foster networks of commitment within the community