Instructional coaches play a crucial role in helping educators meet the ever-changing demands placed on teaching and learning. With this practical guide, coaches will discover seven drivers they can use to best support teachers in their daily work: (1) collaboration, (2) transparency, (3) inquiry, (4) discourse, (5) reverberation, (6) sincerity and (7) influence. Each chapter offers instructional coaching strategies, research and examples to help readers evaluate, refine and implement these drivers in their educational coaching practices.
Learn daily practices for instructional coaching that supports teachers and effective teaching methods:
- Explore the seven daily drivers necessary to become a more effective instructional coach
- Gain strategies to strengthen relationships and improve outcomes with teachers and teacher teams
- Access tools to help self-assess and adjust daily coaching practices
- Understand the sociocultural psychology and education research that support the seven daily drivers
- Learn approaches you can use to keep pace with the demands on today’s educators, coaches and instructional leaders