Part of the best-selling series, this book brings the principles and practice of the acclaimed Mathematics Recovery Programme to whole-class teaching. Central to the text is the concept of an inquiry-based approach to classroom instruction, and topics covered range from beginning number and early counting strategies to multi-digit addition and subtraction right through to multiplication and division. Now printed in full colour, changes to this edition include:
- A revised layout to aid clearer navigation, including links to other books in the series
- Updated tasks, activities and real classroom examples
- Learning trajectories for guiding instruction and tracking progress on key topics
- A new companion website with extended printable resources and demonstration videos
As world leaders in the field of Mathematics Recovery, the authors have drawn on their vast experience to create a user-friendly, practical guide focusing on classroom teaching. With its step-by-step approach, the book will be an invaluable resource for all primary classroom teachers, including experienced Mathematics Recovery instructors. An excellent text for use on pre-service teacher training courses, it will also be of use to classroom assistants and learning support personnel, primary mathematics advisors, numeracy consultants and educational psychologists.
Visit the Preview Site for a sneak peek of the exciting resources available on the Companion Website!
The preview site gives you the chance to:
- Sample the book
- Watch a video demonstration
- Trial printable online resources
- Take an advance look at the Facilitator’s Guide