Vocabulary in a SNAP – Elementary:
Primary school educators face crucial questions when shaping their vocabulary instruction – what words to target and how to foster self-directed student learning. This innovative resource provides more than 100 research-based mini-lessons that help teachers efficiently shape instruction, each taking no more than 20 minutes of instructional time. Teachers can modify these flexible, effective templates to fit their students’ needs.
- Explore more than 100 short, memorable mini-lessons for vocabulary instruction that can be adapted to fit diverse curricula
- Obtain suggestions for scaffolding and accelerating each mini-lesson to meet students’ individual needs
- Target the most crucial root words, prefixes, and suffixes in the English language to best employ instructional time
- Find helpful resources for vocabulary instruction, such as websites and applications
- Peruse appendices that alphabetically list all the words featured in the mini-lessons and detail the research-based instructional strategies used
Vocabulary in a SNAP – Secondary:
Access 100+ effective, practical, and fun vocabulary exercises that take 20 minutes or less. Designed specifically for middle school and high school teachers of grades 6-12, each mini-lesson can be easily modified to fit your curriculum and your students’ needs. Rely on this resource to help refine your instruction and strengthen students’ vocabulary, their interest in reading, and their likelihood of success in the 21st century.
Learn how to increase vocabulary for high school and middle school students:
- Explore more than 100 short, memorable mini lessons for teaching vocabulary that can be adapted to fit diverse curricula
- Obtain suggestions for scaffolding and accelerating each short vocabulary activity to meet students’ individual needs
- Target vocabulary words with the most crucial root words, prefixes, and suffixes in the English language to best employ instructional time
- Find helpful resources on how to teach vocabulary, such as websites and applications
- Gain research-based vocabulary learning strategies used in the mini-lessons