This book improves the understanding and telling of stories in secondary school students and young adults. Specifically designed for older children and young adults, this practical language programme was created by a specialist speech & language therapist with input from secondary school teachers and students.
The Narrative Intervention Programme:
- focuses on enhancing the understanding and expression of stories in students aged from 8 to 18 with language and communication difficulties
- aims to create an awareness of how storytelling can be used to enhance learning in school and social interactions in school and home environments
- facilitates storytelling
- enhances the joy and enjoyment of telling stories
- identifies different types of narratives and provides examples for each type
- encourages effective listening and attention skills
- examines different means of making story production more interesting through vocal variety, body language and print
- encourages the use of the story planner in planning and structuring essays in the classroom and for homework
The book is accompanied by a digital support page which can be accessed HERE. (Please note you will need to have the book in hand to locate the password for this password-protected page)
– Please note: If/where the book mentions the associated CD/DVD disc, please use the downloadable resources from the link above instead.