How a Focus on Decoding, Vocabulary and Background Knowledge Improves Reading Comprehension
For decades, educators have struggled to overcome stunted student growth in literacy. Literacy Reframed offers a fresh perspective on reading instruction with a robustly research-affirmed alternative to classroom skill work. The esteemed authors use the big three elements of literacy, Decoding, Vocabulary & Knowledge, to guide educators in creating a classroom environment where students deeply engage in reading, writing, speaking and listening. The wealth of concrete, adaptable classroom examples and scenarios throughout the book will help teachers of all age groups take action on this exciting approach.
- Gain thoroughly researched information on current issues and challenges in the world of literacy
- Understand how a foundation in decoding and phonics can underpin a lifetime of literacy success
- Grasp the necessity of immersing students in words throughout their classroom experience
- Discover how essential background knowledge is to reading comprehension
- Comprehend digital reading’s role in a literacy-rich classroom