By integrating classroom formative assessment practices into daily activities, educators can substantially increase student engagement and the rate of student learning. The second edition of this best-selling book by Dylan Wiliam presents new research, insights and formative assessment strategies and techniques teachers can immediately apply in their classrooms. Updated examples and templates are included to help teachers elicit evidence of learning, provide meaningful feedback and empower students to take ownership of their education.
Implement effective assessment strategies in the classroom by:
- Reviewing the five key strategies of formative assessment in the classroom
- Learning more than 70 practical techniques for classroom formative assessment
- Examining research that states classroom formative assessment is the most impactful and cost-effective approach to raising student academic achievement
- Exploring the use of classroom questioning, learning intentions and success criteria, feedback, collaborative and cooperative learning and self-regulated learning to engineer effective learning environments
- Discovering new insights into the current states of education and employment and a discussion of how these changes affect student performance and teacher practice