Including All Children introduces teachers and educators to the strategies, practices and approaches that support the inclusion of all children with diverse needs in educational settings. It is strongly evidence-based and focused on encouraging the development of strategies that have a sound basis in research and are effective in a diverse range of teaching and learning situations.
The book is ideal as a training tool to support the consideration of issues and challenges such as working with multiple children who have diverse learning needs, how to welcome families from various cultures and those who have different family constructs, and how our own values and viewpoints have an impact on the inclusion process.
This Australian publication covers important areas of practice such as:
- Planning to meet the needs of children with diverse learning needs
- Identifying barriers to inclusion and acting to remove or limit their impact
- Respecting the diversity of children and their families/carers
- Collaborating and planning with colleagues
- Promoting a respectful and inclusive environment for all children
- Developing an inclusion support plan
- Monitoring and reviewing an inclusion plan to ensure ongoing success and achievement of goals
Recommended ages: 0-5+