- Special Needs in the Classroom – Book 1: Literacy Skills
- Special Needs in the Classroom – Book 2: Numeracy Skills
For many mainstream classroom teachers, having a special needs student in the classroom brings challenges that their previous training and experience have not prepared them for. The academic gap between the student and the rest of the class is vast, yet these teachers want to do the best for everyone, including the special needs student.
The Special Needs in the Classroom series shows you how, with everything you need from vital background knowledge on developmental stages to practical activities to build the student’s confidence and competence with literacy or numeracy. It covers essential foundations such as planning, assessment and classroom organisation, which help in creating a classroom programme and learning environment that respond to the student’s needs. Also included is a generous range of templates and checklists to support both teacher and learner in developing the student’s skills in key areas of the curriculum.
- Designed for the mainstream classroom teacher who has a very low-functioning special needs student in the classroom
- Provides the information and tools needed to support this student to achieve to the best of their ability
- Offers numerous easy-to-implement activities that are effective in developing literacy or numeracy skills
- Links learning to life outside the classroom and beyond the school years
- Includes templates both for planning and to support classroom activities
- Suitable for use with children aged between 5 and 13