This book is a powerful tool for improving higher education retention and graduation rates. It’s the first book of its kind to provide postsecondary educators, administrators, and student support services personnel with a comprehensive and focused look at both the needs of students and strategies for their success.
Readers will learn to:
- Recognize the impact of economic class on student preparedness and educational success
- Build on students’ existing resources, experiences, and abilities
- Improve effectiveness through curriculum design and programming
- Ensure academic success for the vast majority of those who enter college
- Partner with communities and businesses to support academic progress