Transforming Your Teaching and Grading Practice
Student-centred classrooms make it possible for schools to fulfil their best and most enduring promise: to give students a fair chance to grow up literate, open-minded, and prepared to succeed. With this resource as your guide, you will learn six teaching practices to help you leave behind one-size-fits-all lessons, tests, and grades in favour of a student-centred approach that is interactive, individualised and rigorous.
- Learn how to use the two essential qualities of education, respect and agency, to help students achieve learning goals
- Find affirmation in being part of a community of educators that is creating the potential for a much-needed shift in the approach to education and academic rigor
- Discover ways to use speaking, listening, writing and reading in new and creative ways
- Explore the essential components of a student-centred approach to evaluation and assessment
- Understand how to counter misconceptions about student-centred learning when communicating with colleagues, administrators and parents