– Tools to Inspire a Meaningful School Experience
Discover how to use the elements of empower—exploration, motivation, participation, openness, willingness, empathy and resilience—to make school a positive, meaningful experience in your students’ lives. This highly practical resource offers enjoyable, engaging classroom activities, as well as strategies for refining teaching practices, incorporating student values into course content and deeply connecting with learners.
- Understand what values are and how they are different from preferences and goals
- Discover how to help students determine what values they want to enact at school and in life
- Examine how to incorporate values work into the classroom curriculum in all disciplines
- Explore examples of classroom experiences that highlight the importance of student empowerment
- Learn how to bring your own values to the classroom to become a better teacher and colleague