TRP is based on students accumulating points as a consequence of their behaviour. Inappropriate behaviour attracts ‘inappropriate points’. The type of behaviour that is
unacceptable is clearly stated and students are involved in deciding how many points different behaviours will attract. Taking part in TRP involves completing worksheets which
encourages students to reflect on their behaviour and to consider why and how they could avoid repeating it.
Book 1 introduces the whole TRP idea in detail while Book 2 provides further worksheets. A complementary reward system, SRP (Showing Responsibility Programme) is also
outlined in Book 1.
This has many positive spin-offs for students and school including:
• A positive school/classroom climate
• Friendly, respectful relationships with others
• The ability for students to think before acting
• A safe environment
• The ability to self-regulate behaviour
• More on-task, purposeful learning experiences resulting in more quality output.