Introduces readers to the Thinkable Focus Tron. Wherever they are—at school, or home, in the community—Focus Tron helps Social Town citizens remember to use their focusing powers to stay connected to what they’re doing or what others are talking about. In the story, Sarah periodically gets visits from the Unthinkable Brain Eater who distracts her thoughts away from her classwork, homework and listening to the teacher. Thanks to a lesson from the Superflex Academy and assistance from Focus Tron and other Superflex pals, she learns strategies to keep her thoughts on track.
This engaging book is part of our Superflex series, which is designed to help children learn about their own and others’ thoughts and behaviors, and practice strategies for self-regulation across a variety of situations. As kids learn strategies to defeat the Unthinkables and unexpected behavior, they strengthen their flexible thinking and are better able to self-regulate in challenging times.
This illustrated storybook connects to and supports these Social Thinking Vocabulary concepts:
- Using your Social Detective smarts to observe what’s going on.
- Social attention/observation: what are other kids doing/how are they reacting?
- Using positive self-talk to keep trying
- Cranium Coach of the Five-Step Power Plan
- Making a smart guess about what’s happening
- Keeping body and brain in the group
- Strategies to defeat Brain Eater: using a fidget, using a Superflex Distracter Shield (download yours below), breaking down big tasks into smaller pieces