Pre-School Start is a practical resource that can be used with preschool children who need targeted additional help in developing communication skills. Devised by two speech and language therapists experienced in working with teaching staff, the book consists of three sets of 20 session sheets; one set per term. The session sheets are easy-to-follow plans for small groups; designed to be delivered by preschool staff.
Pre-School Start offers:
- An introduction on how to use the Pre-School Start programme.
- Programme delivery templates containing all the checklists, record sheets and handouts needed to carry out the programme.
- 60 photocopiable session sheets.
- Templates for games (colour versions available to download).
- Minimal preparation required.
This is an invaluable resource for teachers and teaching assistants that encourages good collaborative practise between schools, speech & language therapists, the SENCO and parents.
This title is a follow up to School Start: Targeted Intervention for Language and Sound Awareness in Reception Class by Catherine de la Bedoyere & Catharine Lowri (9781909301580), which is a practical resource that can be used with children who need additional help in developing communication skills during the first year of school.