Hands-On Sustainability Lessons
Can students really change the world? Yes, they can – and this Australian produced series shows them how to do just that!
Make the Future! Hands-On Sustainability Lessons is a cross-curricular STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) resource that gives real meaning to the idea of sustainability. It contains eight different activities for each year level, designed to supplement curriculum instruction by addressing the Sustainability cross-curriculum priority, as well as reproducible worksheets and teachers’ notes.
- Data from the most up-to-date and credible sources, including the National Sustainability Council, Planet Ark, National Geographic and the Environmental Protection Authority (Victoria, Australia)
- Hands-on, practical activities based on traditional skills – students can make their own up-cycled accessories, cook planet-friendly (and allergen-free) food, create storage solutions from waste materials and much more
- Whole-class, small-group and individual work with options for a range of skill levels
- Opportunities for multi-year-level collaboration, self-directed learning and community engagement
- Content that actively develops key life skills, such as nutritional knowledge and goal-setting.
This engaging series brings sustainability to life in the classroom while empowering your students to make a tangible difference to their future – and to have fun at the same time!
Book 1: Years 1 & 2 (Lower Primary – Ages: 6-8)
Book 2: Years 3 & 4 (Middle Primary – Ages: 8-10)
Book 3: Years 5 & 6 (Upper Primary – Ages: 10-12)
Book 4: Years 7 & 8 (Lower Secondary – Ages 12-14)