This resource provides opportunities for young children to:
- Explore the designs of every day products that we use;
- Consider the properties of materials and why this affects what things are made of; and
- Investigate the way things move.
Students will indulge in practical activities; work in small groups and take part in lively discussions to explore materials, products, tools and equipment around them.
Book 1 (Lower Primary):
- Green & Clever Design
- How things Move
- Where things come from?
- Materials and designs
Book 2 (Middle Primary):
- Design & Technologies in the Community
- Investigating Materials & Forces
- Food & Fibres Technologies
- Designing Solutions
- Designing Safety
Book 3 (Upper Primary)
- Design for Safety & Well-being
- Sustainable Designs
- Critiquing and Creating Design
- Electrical Technologies
- Food Fibres