This second edition is fully updated with the latest good practice in play. Based on an understanding of ‘Neuro-Dramatic-Play’, the book shows that play is an essential part of children’s healthy development and many children ‘at risk’ are those who are unable to play. It includes work with children with learning difficulties as well as those with developmental delay.
The book includes current thinking on neuroscience and illustrates the importance of mindfulness in our work with children.
- Creating the safe space.
- Understanding and working with fear.
- Understanding and working with anger and rage.
- New stories and worksheets.
- Cross-cultural understanding of play.
- Dressing-up and enactment.
- Masks and puppets.
The book is written for teachers, parents and therapists, and all those who seek to enhance the lives of children.