Reinventing Learning for the Always-On Generation: Strategies and Apps That Work
Now is the time to transform education! By combining the capacities of the PLC at Work™ process and powerful technology tools, teams of educators can meaningfully modify teaching and learning. Realize the potential of virtual collaboration to support the PLC process, and discover research-based strategies collaborative teams can implement to meet contemporary challenges and reach sustained levels of deeper learning.
- Learn about the three strategic levels for organizing virtual teams, and consider the 10 dimensions for engineering a strategic e-connection.
- Gain insights on how to organize virtual and face-to-face teaming in order to bolster success.
- Examine an example case scenario in which a high school successfully uses technology to implement the PLC at Work™ process.
- Study the elements of effective leadership in collaborative teams and approaches that can help put these keys into action.
- Reference a comprehensive glossary of PLC and virtual collaboration terms and a list of websites to help support virtual teamwork.
[Authors: Ian Jukes, Ryan L. Schaaf & Nicky Mohan]
[Extent: 184 Pages]
[Age Suitability: All]
About the Authors:
Ian Jukes is an internationally known educational leadership consultant. He is a former K–12 classroom teacher, administrator, writer, university instructor, and keynote speaker.
Ryan L. Schaaf is an assistant professor of educational technology at Notre Dame of Maryland University and a faculty associate for the Johns Hopkins University School of Education.
Nicky Mohan is managing director of an international educational consulting firm. She is a former classroom teacher, school and university administrator, instructional designer, business sector manager and trainer, and international speaker.
Casey Reason, PhD, is an expert in collaboration, innovation, overcoming resistance to change, and next-level leadership. He has worked with a variety of clients, including some of the top Fortune 100 companies in the world.