NB: Only available to Republic of Ireland clients who meet the qualification code criteria below.
Author(s): David Wechsler, Jack A Naglieri
Publication Year: 2006
Age Range: 4 years to 21 years 11 months
Administration: 2 subtest battery: 10 to 20 minutes / 4 subtest battery: 30 to 45 minutes
Qualification Code: A
A nonverbal measure of ability for all. Especially designed for culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
The WNV is ideal for psychologists who need a nonverbal measure of ability for individuals who aren’t English-language proficient, or have other language considerations.
Designed for Linguistically Diverse Populations
When language poses a barrier to typical administration, or where traditional intellectual assessment results would be questionable due to language-related difficulties, the WNV is appropriate for all individuals.
Innovative Pictorial Directions make administration easy and effective
- No need to pantomime instructions
- Native language of the examinee is irrelevant to performance
- Flexible standard administration allows help when appropriate
WNV was specifically created for:
- Individuals for whom English is not the first language
- Hard of hearing or deaf individuals
- Individuals with language difficulties or disorders
- Individuals who may be eligible for special services and support
- High functioning individuals from linguistically diverse populations
Ideal for low incidence disorders such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Expressive language disorders
- Receptive language disorders
- Physically disabilities/complex needs
- Specific language impairments