Promoting Emotional and Social Development in Schools: A Practical Guide
The social and emotional needs of children have become increasingly important to educators in recent years, as the impact they have on improving behaviour and promoting inclusion has become evident.
Written in an accessible style for busy practitioners, this book gives advice on creating an emotionally and socially ‘healthy’ school.
– shows why schools should promote emotional and social development
– includes practical ideas & activities for those working in primary & secondary schools
– uses a range of case studies to illustrate the impact of good practice
– includes INSET / personal review materials, and audit tools
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- What Is Emotional Social Development?
- Why Is It Important?
- Emotional Social Development, Mental Health And Treatment
- A Summary Of Relevant Government Initiatives/Strategies
- What Are The Indicators Of Success?
- Starting Principles
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Special Schools/EBD Provision And Pupil Referral Units
- Community Settings
- Self-Review And Audit Tool And Activities
- Further Reading, Resources And Useful Organisations
[Extent: 144 pages]
[Authors: Simon Blake, Julia Bird & Lynne Gerlach]
[Age Suitability: All]