Policy for Learning
A Policy for Learning -A Practical Guide to writing or evaluating your Teaching or Learning Policy
This is a practical manual that shows how the process of generating a teaching and learning policy can help switch the focus from teaching to learning. It is NOT a ready made policy rather a series of suggestion, activities and examples from real school both primary and secondary.
[ISBN: ETS-9007; 104 Pages]
[Author: Mike Hughes]
[Age Suitability: All]
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
First and foremost Mike is a teacher having taught in secondary for 18 years, most recently as a secondary Head. Indeed, anyone who has read his books or attended one of training sessions can immediately see that he has spent a considerable amount of time in the classroom. Not surprisingly, he has a widespread reputation for being both practical and realistic.
In addition to teaching, Mike has also found time to:
- Work in an advisory capacity for Gloucestershire LEA (teaching and learning)
- Facilitate on the New Visions programme for recently appointed headteachers
- Work as an NPQH trainer
- Be a PGCE course leader
- Train as an Ofsted inspector
- Write an extensive range of educational publications and resources
- Provide training and support to a huge number of teachers and schools in the UK, Ireland and internationally.
Mike’s work is hugely varied and tailored to fit the needs of the individual school / teacher. Anyone considering working with Mike is invited to contact him to discuss their requirements and explore possibilities.
To give you a flavor of his work…
He works predominantly in three inter-related areas:
- Teaching and learning
- Leadership development and leadership for learning