Playing, eating, self-care, caring for others and being part of a wider community – students are making decisions related to these fundamental aspects of their lives every day. This series encourages them to develop awareness of the choices they face and supports them in identifying and making ones that are safe and healthy. Designed to engage students in critical thinking and decision-making, the activities cover personal hygiene and safety, ways of building good relationships, and safe behaviours in the home and community. As well as working well together when used concurrently for different levels in the class or school, the books in this series complement the successful Healthy Eating, Healthy Living series, also by Judith Drysdale.
Each book in this series:
- Supports the requirements of health and physical education curricula
- Builds students’ awareness of the choices they face in relation to personal health, relationships and communities
- Develops and encourages critical thinking in making decisions and justifying them when faced with basic life choices
The books are structured to allow the whole series to be used concurrently for different levels if required.
- Book 1 (56 pages): AGES: 5-6
- Book 2 (56 pages): AGES: 7-8
- Book 3 (56 pages): AGES: 9-10+