This photocopiable resource explores healthy eating and making wise food choices in ways that will engage, involve and interest.
In seven activity-based units, ‘ Excellent Eats’ covers the following areas:
- Food and you – what students currently eat, what influences their choices, ways to make changes;
- Keeping the balance – the difficulties in trying to achieve a balanced diet, and how to overcome them;
- Breakfast fest – the importance of a healthy breakfast;
- Clean and safe – safe food handling practices;
- Is our school food conscious?’ – looks at the kinds of messages the school as a community gives about food;
- Salad days – nutritious salads and how to make them; Lunch boxes – provides students and parents with ideas to jazz up school lunches.