NB: Only available to Republic of Ireland clients who meet the qualification code criteria below.
- Publication Year: 2014
- Age range: Birth – 14:11 years
- Qualification Code: B – Click HERE for more details
- Completion time: 5–20 minutes
- Administration: Paper
- Scoring options: Hand-scoring
The Sensory ProfileTM 2 family of assessments provides standardised tools to help evaluate a child’s sensory processing patterns in the context of home, school and community-based activities.
These significantly revised questionnaires can help you determine how sensory processing may be contributing to or interfering with the child’s participation in activities. The forms are completed by caregivers and teachers, who are in the strongest position to observe the child’s response to sensory interactions that occur throughout the day.
The Sensory ProfileTM 2 helps you:
- Identify and document the effect of sensory processing on a child’s participation at home, school, and the community
- Contribute valuable information to a comprehensive assessment of the child’s sensory strengths and challenges
- Develop effective treatment plans, interventions, and everyday remediation strategies
Content & Administration:
Using age-appropriate questionnaires, caregivers and teachers report on the child’s response to sensory events throughout the day.
- Infant Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for babies from Birth–6 months
- Toddler Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for toddlers aged 7–35 months
- Child Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for children aged 3–14 years
- Short Sensory Profile: Caregivers complete this form for children aged 3–14 years. Items on this questionnaire, which are drawn from the Child Sensory Profile, are highly discriminating and provide quick information for screening and research programs
- School Companion Sensory Profile: Teachers complete this form for their students aged 3–14 years
– Use the dropdown menu above to order the forms you require
Features & Benefits:
- Offers updated content
- Presents information on the Infant, Toddler, Child, and School Companion forms in one manual—no need to purchase separate kits
- Reports percentiles for an additional level of analysis
- Gives you a choice of online or paper record forms to fit with your workflow
- Includes enhanced reporting options to give you the confidence to take the next steps
- Captures the child’s responses to sensory experiences throughout the day, which helps shed light on factors that may be influencing the child’s behaviour
- Presents a comprehensive view of a child’s responses across settings, which helps facilitate discussion between families and professionals about strategies that support the child’s participation in all contexts
- Offers you an evidence-based tool that is built on extensive evidence from the first editions of the Sensory Profile, including international research demonstrating the usefulness of data
At a glance:
Get a closer look at the benefits and features of this assessment – watch below: