Written by Florence Gavin, the Maths Zone series consists of 8 textbooks spanning from Junior Infants to low Fifth Class level (Maths Zone 8). The books should be worked through in sequence beginning at the appropriate level for the child. A pupil may complete more than one book a year. The aim of this series is to give the pupils the language and hands-on experience through which they can interpret, analyse, describe, make predictions, estimate and solve the common mathematical problems of everyday living. The emphasis is on clear structured steps and consolidation of learning. The book numbers do not correspond to class level. They were written for the pupil learning maths with the help of the Resource or Learning Support Teacher.
Topics covered in Book 7 include:
- Number: Place Value, Operations, Fractions, Decimals
- Algebra: Number Patterns and Sequences, Number Sentences
- Shape and Space: 2-D shapes and 3-D shapes, Lines and Angles
- Measures: Length, Area, Weight, Capacity, Time, Money
- Data: Representing and Interpreting data, Chance