This resource is a collection of 49 activities and games that will build emotional foundations, promote confidence and enhance self-esteem in 4 to 7-year-olds. The contents include:
- Activities to build the emotional foundations of confidence (where children are helped to recognise, name and manage what they feel) include: A useful dictionary of feelings, The happy-sad beanbag game, The feelings thermometer, What I feel when, The masks I wear, emotion hats, Cool person of the day, I’m glad to be me.
- Activities to build self-belief (‘I am … able to learn about myself’) include: Me and my shape, My body, Me and my body, Me in all my glory, Jigsaw puzzle me, All about me, What do I look like, Lollipop puppet, Paper bag puppet, Person of many parts, The things I love.
- Activities to build self-belief (encouraging children to think ‘I can do … many things’) include: I Can … awards, I can do many things, Strength builder, I can make friends, Friendship circle, I am sunshine, I can show that I care, Counting my caring, Celebrity autographs,
- Showing the best of everything I can do, Look what I have done, Paper chains improvement, I can read, I believe I can, If I think I can, I can… I know I can!, My strengths and weaknesses, Didn’t we do well chants, Pat-on-the-back, Red ribbon award.
- Games to build beliefs (focusing on ‘I believe that life is great’) include: Wishes and wants, Silent sparkles, Silent appreciation circle, Generous gifts, The rose-colored spectacles, Warm and fuzzy circles, Blue ribbon award, I am a gift to the world, Hooray for life.