– Only 2 left in stock
In Sustainable Leadership, Andy Hargreaves and Dean Fink address one of the most important and often neglected aspects of leadership: sustainability. The authors set out a compelling and original framework of seven principles for sustainable leadership characterised by:
- Depth of learning and real achievement rather than superficially tested performance
- Length of impact over the long haul, beyond individual leaders, through effectively managed succession
- Breadth of influence, where leadership becomes a distributed responsibility
- Justice in ensuring that leadership actions do no harm to and actively benefit students in other schools
- Diversity that replaces standardisation and alignment with diversity and cohesion
- Resourcefulness that conserves and renews leaders’ energy and doesn’t burn them out
- Conservation that builds on the best of the past to create an even better future.
This book is a volume in the Jossey-Bass Leadership Library in Education – a series designed to meet the demand for ideas and insights about leadership in schools.
About the Authors:
Andy Hargreaves is a speaker, author, advisor, and researcher who advocates for equitable and inclusive education, a strong teaching profession, and positive educational change worldwide. More information on Andy’s own website HERE.
Dean Fink is an international educational development consultant. He is a former superintendent and principal with the Halton Board of Education in Ontario, Canada. In his career, he has taught at all levels of education from primary grades to graduate school.