The Language Kit for Primary Schools is a comprehensive toolkit for teachers, SENCOs and teaching assistants who deliver group interventions in order to support language and communication in schools. Key features of the kit include:
- Suggested strategies with clear guidelines to help practitioners to support spoken language difficulties
- Detailed instructions describing how to run and deliver language groups to maximize effectiveness
- Two intervention programmes including session plans, structured activities and photocopiable handouts, ensuring that everything necessary to run the group is in one place. Programmes are: (A) a ten week programme for use with Key Stage 1 pupils. This may also be used with Foundation Stage children; (B) A ten week programme for use with Key Stage 2 pupils. This may also be used with Key Stage 3 students;
- Suggestions for simplifying or extending every activity, enabling the practitioner to differentiate and meet the needs of everyone in the group
- An additional resource bank and activity ideas to allow further development of language groups.
Written in a clear and concise style by a Speech and Language Therapist and a Specialist teacher of Speech, Language and Communication, this resource will allow practitioners to give pupils the best possible language support.
[Authors: Jenny Dundas & Jane Hutchinson]
[Age Suitability: All Primary]
[Extent: 196 Pages]