The ‘Know Yourself – Know the World’ programme is a complete beginner’s guide to teaching drama, one which will enthral and thrill your children as they explore the magic of drama and live performance.
This intriguing science-fiction scenario invites an imaginative response and serves as a stimulus for creative activity. The dramatic journey will begin for the children as they step into role, as a team of intrepid micronauts in combat training, preparing themselves for their extraordinary mission:
To enter into the bloodstream and locate the virus before it activates and the human race is literally ‘shut down.’The pack emanates from an arts project which first took place during the 2004 Sonas Children’s Arts Festival in Louisburgh, Co. Mayo, where the original participants were pupils from Louisburgh, Killeen and Lecanvey national schools. While the original project concluded with an ambitious public presentation and enjoyed the luxury of a team of facilitators, it is essential to note that the material for this educational pack has been clearly re-formatted as process drama and tailored to suit the needs of a regular teacher, working in his/her classroom under normal school conditions.
Features of ‘Know Yourself Know the World’:
- 58 pages of step by step photocopiable lesson plans and teacher guidelines with absolutely everything you’ll need to teach the new drama curriculum included. Perfect for teachers with no previous drama experience.
- A superbly produced DVD with nearly two hours of footage, where you can learn how you can teach process drama, complete the artwork, do warm-ups and improvisations with your children, build the sets and stage manage a full-scale drama production, that will be originally created by your own pupils.
- The first Irish produced programme of its kind, designed by Pete Mullineaux, an Irish drama teacher and facilitator in Drama with 25 years of extensive knowledge. Remember this programme has been specifically designed for the Irish Curriculum.
- A wealth of teaching ideas to help you write your Plean Scoile in Drama for your school. You’ll now have something tangible to complement the Department of Education and Science’s guidelines for teaching drama within the primary school curriculum and something that will be appropriate to the learning aims and objectives, as specified for the strand content.
- A professionally written script with free and complete copyright clearance. You can use and/or adapt this script to produce a state of the art production for all teachers and parents to see or maybe as a Fundraiser show for your school.
- A perfect platform to encourage your children to think about wider global issues and to actively learn about Development Education through the modules provided.